Thursday, October 9, 2008

Rubie Green

M.A. Belle is a great blog that I came across a couple of months ago and while it's not updated everyday, her fabric line completely makes up for that. Rubie Green is based out of NYC and is a very green choice for very fashionable fabric. After getting her degree is textile design, Michele Adams worked for Domino (Lucky girl!), but while working there she realized that there were no "green" fabric choices, so in 2007 she left and started trying to fill the gap. The upholstery weight fabrics are 100% organic cotton, use non-toxic, water based inks free of VOCs and are all made in the US. The line isn't very big yet, but I'm in love with most of them already!

5 comments:

Jayena Boldt & Christine Mongrain said...

Thank you for letting me know about this gorgeous stuff! I've been trying to recover a headboard and it gave me some inspiration!

Courtney said...

I love this line too- can't beat good design that is also great for the environment!

Kate said...

Speaking of good for the environment and great design...check out Loyale. So cute!!!

Courtney said...

Oh, I know! Loyale is so cute; when I first saw their fall line, I fell for about every dress they made! The photos for the fall campaign are beautiful too!

Sarah's Fab Day said...

My favorite is East Village, I can't get enough of the pink chevron.