Sunday, October 5, 2008

never too early to obsess...

Instead of hosting a holiday party this year, I think we're going to do a New Year's Day brunch/open house. The idea is that people can stop in and visit/recover and eat greens, black-eyed peas, brunchie foods, etc. throughout the day. We'll have football and the PARADE on (I am a HUGE Rose Parade fan) and just hang out. I'm sure we'll have huge batches of bloody marys and mimosas. 

I found this while I was playing on Epicurious, but I can't decide if it would be too much to make for a large group. I was thinking I could make it for like the first hour or two (10-12pm-brunch time) and only 12 or so at a time, so they'd be hot. If I prepped all the ingredients before hand, I think they'd be great. What do you think?

***Anybody have a good source for small ramekins? I'd need a ton to pull that off. It should would look cool to have little egg dishes for everybody. 

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

I've made those before for a brunch and they turned out great! If you have a local restaurant supply company, they should have tons of inexpensive ramekins there.

Anonymous said...

oohh that party sounds fantastic! I bought my ramekins from Crate & Barrel. You can probably buy them cheaper somewhere else, but they are the perfect size, white, and I use them kind of a lot actually :)

Joslyn said...

i love this idea...those look amazing. we did a new year's day brunch last year for amelia's first birthday and it was a huge hit.