Sunday, August 3, 2008

Takashimaya New York

Takashimaya is at the top of my list of places to see in NYC. It's an amazing department store import from Japan and has been open in NYC since 1958. The store was designed to feel like a home, with stone floors, high ceilings and residental lighting. It looks amazing! 7 floors of goodness just waiting for me. They have a full-service florist and a darling restaurant called The Tea Box as well as Women's and Men's clothing, fun baby/toddler gear and an amazing home and garden shop. Oh I'm in heaven!

Look what I found on their website tonight...

They have a florist right in the store! They do delivery arrangements and they do special events!  I would so have them do my vow renewal if I lived in NYC. I'm sure they're very budget friendly. HA! Anyway, I love arrangements that have more texture than color and this one is no exception. White with just the right amount of the dark green. I'm kinda obsessed with green and white flowers, but you'll figure that out the more I post. 

How fantastic is this? I am a bit of a purse addict and an envelope clutch is at the top of my list right now. This one by Michael Teperson would be great with jeans and a cashmere wrap sweater for a causal date night this Fall. Yummy!


Ok, how cute is this umbrella? It's supposed to look like a bottle top! It looks like half bottle top half parasol to me. It's supposed to rain a bunch while we're there, so I might pick this up when I'm there. 

I don't drink sake, but this pewter sake set is so beautiful that I just might start. They're so raw looking, but very elegant at the same time.  They were handmade in Takaoka, which is apparently an area known for metal work. So beautiful.

I'm sure I'll find 1000 more things that I want, but this is a great start to my list! 

{all photos from Takashimaya's website}

No comments: