Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Birthday Wish List #1

This beauty (or a close cousin of hers) is right at the top of my birthday list. 

I LOVE LETTERPRESS. I love the feel of the paper, the touch of the impression, I even like the way the back of the paper looks when it's pressed! The deeper the impression, the better! I must have looked at Mr. Boddington's website 1000 times in the past 6 months. Not only is letterpress beautiful, it looks rewarding to create. I need a hobby very bad, because if I'm bored I'm useless and I get nothing done. I've got my husband 90% convinced that he should buy me one, buy me Illustrator/Photoshop (already bought me a rockin' Mac for Christmas) and let me set up a studio in our basement. I just need to find a couple of classes to take or somebody in my area to teach me and I'm in business! Anybody have any helpful hints or advice on what kind of press to buy?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's a good choice of a press! i have a very similar one.

where are you located? i don't know of any current c&ps available but get leads on other presses every now and again and happy to pass them along to you.

Kate said...

I'm in Alabama. I would love if you would let me know if you hear of anything in the South.

Thanks!