Thursday, January 29, 2009

You only turn 5 once...

which is why I'm planning on throwing my only child a HUGE ridiculous party. :)

 Lil's birthday is at the end of June and she never gets to celebrate with her school friends because of that. So, to make up for the fact that mommy and daddy didn't get busy earlier, I tend to throw her very large complicated over-the-top birthday parties. They're a blast to attend, but they kill me! I'll be tired for a week afterwards, but it's totally worth it...for the most part. Anyway, this year with her turning 5 AND starting Kindergarten in the Fall, we're having an even bigger one than usual. I don't know who will be in her class next year, so I'm inviting BOTH classes from her school, so that's 32 kids to start with. Then add the 10-12 kids of our good friends outside of school and you've got one hell of a par-tay! We're renting a local park/house for the party because our backyard isn't flat enough for kids to play and have the bouncy house that she so desperately wants. I was going to do a Mexican Fiesta theme at first, but decided to spend the money I save on not having to buy a bunch of Mexican themed decorations on another bouncy or I can have the ice cream man come by. How cute is that? So, these images below are some that have been shaping the party in my mind. More to come in a few...




1 comment:

Unknown said...

sounds like a fun party!!! she is a lucky little girl :)