Saturday, November 29, 2008

X marks the spot...

Seaside is a walking town, with darling cobblestone streets, not wide enough for cars and is basically built around a central square with the streets going out from it like the rays of the sun. All of this makes me think that we need a map to include in the welcome bags and I also adore hand-drawn maps, so I'm looking for any excuse to have one. :) I've been worried about size though, because I want people to be able to actually use it during the weekend, since we're having multiple events at different venues that aren't known by the general public, such as specific houses, location of our rental beach chairs, etc. So enter this darling pocket size example found on {Darling Dexter}. How cute is the size? It will totally fit in a pants pocket, beach bag and it's also looks small enough to carry in your hand without totally annoying you. What do you think? Yay? So, does anybody have a favorite map maker? I think I'll do a map post later today, instead of getting ready to leave tomorrow.  Also, does anybody have any idea how in the world to fold this? I'm not a good map folder!

{check out the rest of the invite here}

2 comments:

southern daze said...

I love the map and think it will work perfectly! I'm so jealous that Seaside is your location - it's such a gorgeous place. The past two summers we've rented a house in either Watercolor or Rosemary Beach but always find ourselves drawn to Seaside. Lucky you...

Kate said...

We've been staying in Seaside for years. I always think about changing to a newer 'hood such as Watercolor or Rosemary, but Seaside just drags me back every year.

For those of you who aren't familiar, Seaside is a darling little beach town outside of Destin, FL where the Truman show was filmed. It's home to pastel houses and white picket fences and a ton of memories for me and my family. I'm so excited about renewing our vows there!